Portland, OR • 09/14/2007
A leader in aviation is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made pilots and passengers safe for over 70 years. We are the world’s leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company’s enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions. We have now expanded into the Marine and Rail industries, and are rapidly growing on a global scale!
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company’s future. Visit our website to learn more about Jeppesen’s pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
As a member of the Commercial and Military Aviation Software Development team, will write complex technical aviation documents, including instructor-led and computer-based training materials and multimedia print, audio and video scripts, and related applications. Will be responsible for ensuring compliance with departmental and corporate standards for content, format, accuracy, organization, style, and overall quality.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Coordinates, analyzes, documents, and tracks designated changes in written content and technical specifications for synchronization with alpha and beta phases of new product development, data integrity, defect and enhancement, or other changes, as directed.
• Writes and maintains software documentation and online help for multiple software products.
• Analyzes project and/or audience needs to determine materials required, organization, content, format, and applicability.
• Creates document plans, outlining the proposed document structure, approach, and time estimates.
• Edits or proofreads materials during various project stages to verify consistency in style, format, readability, accuracy, and layout.
• Develops and maintains engineering and project documentation to support development and technical support.
• Performs other related duties, including special projects, as requested or required.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Aviation, Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Three (3) or more years of related experience producing technical writing, preferably within the aviation industry, or the equivalent combination of related training, proficiency and experience. Aviation knowledge and experience a strong plus. Proficiency using technical writing to define and document process, procedure, and workflow. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, HTML/XML, DreamWeaver, RoboHelp Office, bug tracking systems, Wiki notation, Quark, and FrameMaker, or equivalent software.
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match .
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.
Send resume, salary history and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeppesen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted by: OhSoHandy User
Located: Portland, OR
(No map found for this address)