About the Company
As an industry leader in valid, secure, electronic payment solutions, Vesta Corporation is at the forefront of technologies that are shaping today's worldwide economy. Through a fast-paced, stimulating environment for motivated and intelligent professionals, Vesta continues in the tradition of exciting, entrepreneurial companies that are defining the way we live.
Vesta values individuals for their bright minds, unique talents, and diverse backgrounds. The company supports a creative climate which fosters employee growth and heightened innovation.
About the Job
Vesta is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be creating, developing, planning, writing and editing operational, instructional documentation. Candidate will also be conducting interviews with various technical staff to gather data for documentation. Ideal candidate must have experience with engineering processes and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing many types of documents, including procedures, FAQs, conceptual overviews, and policy guidelines.
- Organize internal documentation and make it accessible and useful to everyone.
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation holes and spearhead efforts to fill them in.
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by engineers and operational teams.
- Obtain information by interviewing various departments.
- Work with management to identify and prioritize needed documents.
- Improving the quality and coverage of internal documentation.
- Driving document review and approval process.
- Acting as the designated contact for documentation improvements.
- Contributing to the overall structure of the documentation set.
- Proven self-starter.
- Proven track record of researching and writing the very best software and/or hardware-related documentation.
- Able to cope with fast-paced and constantly changing environments.
- Passionate about learning and documenting new technologies.
- Ability to read and understand XML, Java source code and PHP.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Technical Writer is a full-time position based in Portland, Oregon. Local candidates only. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Candidates will be required to sign a strict confidentiality agreement and be willing to undergo an extensive background check and drug screen prior to employment. Vesta offers an excellent benefits package, development opportunities and the chance to help build success in a dynamic and crucial market. Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .